The course is divided into 8 lessons dedicated to the most significant cooked cold cuts.
- Sensory analysis insights: the sense of odour, classification, intensity.
- Spices used in cured meat production, origin and characteristics.
- Cooked ham: production cycle and sensorial characteristics. High quality products.
- PGI mortadella Bologna: processing and sensory analysis.
- Frankfurter of pure pork and alternative meats.
- PGI cotechini e trotters: processing and sensory analysis.
- Other cooked Italian specialties: PGI cooked goose salami of Mortara, cooked Piedmontese salami, galantine, cuttlefish head, goat salami: processing and tasting.
- The combinations of cured meats, wines, fruit, honeys.
Lessons can be merged into 2 full time weekends.
Passing the exam will give access to the 3rd module. to the 2nd level course, for Master Assayer.